food review

Food Review: O'nya Sayang

05:20

Hello All,

How are you doing?
I know it has been very long since I blogged.
I was so busy with revision. Prelims have finally ended. Now i am preparing for my revision classes! Can you believe that it is mid of March already?!

Well, today, i am going to share with you guys my experience on Peranakan Food.

Last Saturday, Mr. Roar and I just happened to pass by Paya Lebar new shopping mall and decided to go for lunch before heading to OneKM Shopping Mall to get our hamsters. So yes, we found this Peranakan Restaurant.

Ms Moo is a big fan of Peranakan Food, especially the ones in Melaka. So when we came to this restaurant, I think it is so nice! Clean, but yet it has a strong taste of Peranakan style. They are even playing traditional music!

And GUESS WHAT?! This restaurant was one of the vendor for one of the show that I was hosting the very next day! So here is their introduction:

O'nya Sayang means "Love of a Peranakan Mother". This restaurant offers authentic Peranakan food at affordable price. Their heritage is genuine Peranakan, with founder and chef, Zan Ho, a third-generation, who grew up in a traditional Peranakan family, and enjoyed authentic Peranakan food throughout his life. Over the years, Zan has learnt his craft from his mother, as she lovingly taught him to make authentic Peranakan dishes including the Peranakan favourites Ayam Buah Keluak, Babi Pongteh and many other popular dishes.

This is how it looks like from the outside... Looks pretty good~







I would really say that this place is simple, yet it shows a lot about Peranakan. I enjoy eating in a bright looking restaurant rather than a dim dull restaurant.


And they have a HUGE Logo on the wall. I was so impressed with the white butterfly!

Okay.. Lets talk about the food.. So here is the menu and what we ordered.


We have NO IDEA what to eat. So we decided to give this a try.. And it is super affordable for 2 pax.


We even ordered drinks. Yes, I know the kopi looks a bit cheapo. But they actually came over and say they would like to top it up after seeing it so little. How nice!



AND our food is finally here!!

As Mr. Roar is a non-beef eater, so my job is to finish the beef dish. (Top Second, from the right)
I would say the beef is very good. The texture of the meat is very food. Is not fully well-done type.. So it is quite of my likings.

Top Right one is SUPER NICE! Mr. Roar say it is Wu Xiang. Super crispy.. YUM!
Bottom Middle is Assam Fish. I wouldnt say it is not nice, but it is too sour for my preference.

The rest are pretty good. Of course not as good as the ones that we had in Melaka. But we like it a lot!

 And guess what?! Their restaurant actually provide CAKES TOO!! This dont really happen in most Peranakan Restaurant. But this restaurant actually took in more variety. 


This is how it looks like when you see from outside. Super nice place. And many people start streaming in during lunch time. 
Mr. Roar while he is checking the bill.


They have Kueh too!

Mr. Roar and I definitely enjoyed our lunch in O'nya Sayang and we will definitely go back.

I wouldnt wanna give rating for this one. But I would like to give a huge THUMB UP for the staff in the restaurant whereby they take initiatives to explain the dishes and even offer to top up when they realise they gave too little. Not like those cheapo restaurant.. OPPS..

If you are interested to taste Peranakan Food in Singapore, do check out below:


They are located at #B1-30/31, Paya Lebar Square, 60 Paya  Lebar Road.

Hope that you can enjoy more great food.

Cheers

You Might Also Like

0 comments

SUBSCRIBE



Follow me on Instagram

Instagram