Lee Kuan Yew

Tribute to Mr. Lee Kuan Yew

01:58

Hello all,


This post was meant to be for Mr. Lee Kuan Yew, the founding father of Singapore.

He left us on 23rd March 2015, age 91. When I woke on 23rd Mar morning, I was deeply saddened that he had left us. I may not have seen him in action but I do heard a lot about him during Social Studies class when I was in Secondary School. I was also thankful of his policy that I can come over to Singapore and get educated and be bilingual. I am thankful that he made Singapore a place safe and secure to live in. 

To pay respect to our founding father, Mr. Roar and I decided to go for the tribute in Parliament House last night. Last night, I saw bonding between Singaporeans and the determinations that Singaporean had.

We arrived at City Hall MRT station last night and joined the queue. There were many people making their way there as well. In order to take in more people, the authorities had to snake the queue. It started from the traffic light around the Japanese Memorial Site and snake to the underground of Esplanade and up to Padang field.

Filled with people. When we joined the queue, we were told that the queuing is up to 8 hours and the priority queue is up to 5 hours.


We finally managed to leave the Padang snaking location and now heading towards Victorial Memorial Hall Area.





Near the bridge/tunnel of the Boat Quay, you can see stations of food and drinks station. You can see people passing boxes of food and water down the queue and helping each other in need.
When one was unwell while queuing, we would all help out to call for medic and even guided the medic to the location.

I may not have seen it often in Singapore, but yes, I have seen it a lot last night. This is the Singapore that Mr Lee Kuan Yew has worked so hard for.





We were finally at Fullerton Hotel area by 930 or so. 
The queue became more and more squeezier because all are tired and want to end this. We have been queuing for about 3.5 hours at least.

Eventually after all the hotness and tireness, we have finally reached the "heaven" whereby you can see white tentage. Even Timbre are being kind by giving our free pizzas for the people queuing.



After this station, it is time for us to write our condolence card.



After security check, we are finally nearing the Parliament House!


While we were queuing, a few ministers actually came to thank us for coming. 


Mr. Roar and I went in, bowed to our dearest Mr. Lee Kuan Yew, said a few gratitude and left.

We left the place about 1130 or so.
We queued for approximately 5 hours. 

Are we tired? Yes we are
Are we thirsty? Yes we are
Are we hungry? Yes we are

But, comparing to what Mr Lee had done for Singapore, i think it is worth it. Or rather, this is the least that we can do.

A quote from Mr. Lee which I seen from the TV.
" This is my country This is my life. This is my people. You will trample over us over our dead bodies. We dug our toes in, we built a nation."

This is the spirit that he had that we all should learn from and continue what he believed in.

Thank you Mr Lee Kuan Yew. Rest in Peace.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

SUBSCRIBE



Follow me on Instagram

Instagram