Chinese New Year

Chinese New Year Day 1 (Part 1)

18:07

Hello all!

How is your Chinese New Year going?
Today is 人日. It falls on the 7th day of Chinese New Year. This day is the birthday of everyone.
Why is it only on the 7th day and not on other days? Because it is believed that a goddess in China, Nüwa (女娲) made animals (cow, horse, chicken, dog.. Etc) and until the 7th day then she made the human.

On this very own day, most family will start to 捞鱼生(Louhei). Hoping a way better New Year as before.

Well, anyway, today I would like to share with everyone my 1st day of CNY!

1st Day of CNY


Usually in my family, 1st day of CNY means praying in the temple, first thing in the morning. Because we believe that by doing so, we will be blessed early in the morning. So, we went to:
1. Kwan Im Thong Hood Cho Temple (四马路观音庙)
2. Sheng Hong Temple (yang tao yuan cheng huang miao) 杨桃园城隍庙
3. Zu Lin Temple 竹林寺

After praying, we decided to go for an awesome Chinese New Year lunch... at..... Bishan Junction 8.

And after looking around, we finally decided on 鼎泰丰.

Although there are some dishes that are not ready at all, we still managed to order a lot..


This is the 皮蛋
I would say that the taste of it was different from the one that i usually took. Maybe it is because they took away the egg yolk.


This is my favourite.
It is smoked duck inside the spring roll. So the taste of it is like crispy on the outside, and yumm on the inside. The duck is slice in quite a thick one. Super nice.. 


Pork Cutlet
Because they have this offer of getting something for free with the minimum of $90 spent in the restaurant so Mama decided to go for it.

That was for appetizer. How about the main dishes?


红烧牛肉面
I would say that the beef is really very nice. It is cook till it will melt after you put into your mouth.


干捞面
I would say that this is not so oily like what I used to have. It is a just nice - not to salty, not to oily. Just nice!

My favourite!  小笼包
I have say that the 小笼包 is not as good as the ones I ate in Shanghai.
But it is still good enough!!

蒸饺
Yes, it is good as well. But i think it is too Veggie for me. No meat content inside as well.. 
So i literally feel like I am a GOAT! LOLS

炸饺

It is not a nice as i thought. Although it is not very oily, but it is too dry. Which makes it a little... Hmm.. hard to describe. But i will definitely not order this one in future.

Okay, so that is all for our main course. Here comes our dessert..


八宝饭
 In our Shanghainese belief, we eat this during Chinese New Year instead of Louhei.
It is red bean paste inside the whole glutinous rice.
My mom's favourite.


汤圆

This is a free gift upon spending a minimum of $90 in the restaurant.
I would say it taste very good. Especially the peanut that you see in the picture. It is all soft and googy. I dont like it AT ALL!


This is the Red Tang Yuan


And it is BLACK SESAME...


As for the white one, it is PEANUT FILLING

PROMOTIONS!

Well, there are a few promotions in Ding Tai Feng for this CNY!


This is the one that we got.... For Tang Yuan


Also, they have something for Yu Sheng as well!

That would be all for today, because I have Prelim Exam tonight in schoool so I had to really study for it. But I promise to update the remaining ones as soon as possible.

Once again.. HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALL! HUAT AH!

Cheers

You Might Also Like

0 comments

SUBSCRIBE



Follow me on Instagram

Instagram