Cafe

Food Review: Dinner at Fika Swedish Cafe and Bistro

08:19

Mr. Roar decided to bring me out for a nice dinner tonight. So he recommended Fika Swedish Cafe which he had been to some time back.


I would say that after being in Sweden, I kind of like the way they use spices to make their dishes taste better.


We didnt make reservation so we had to sit outside, surprisingly it is windy and everything is just so nice and quiet. In fact it is even better sitting inside with air-con.

We checked out the menu. It is mostly in Swedish but there is English as well. 


We decided to take some pictures while waiting for food to be served. There are nice music playing from the next door's pub while enjoying the nice evening breeze #YOLO

And food is FINALLY SERVED!! :)


Korvstroganoff ($17.90++):
It has rice, chicken sausage with special sauce, garden salad and broccoli. The sausage taste super good with the sauce.

Rating:
I would give 4/5 for the special sauce. The reason of not having full marks is because the sauce is simply too little!! :(


Fishermans Pasta ($26.90++)
As you can see, the price is really worth it for the portion. It has clayfish, prawns, fish, 3 mussels somemore! Furthermore, it tastes heaven! For the whole time, I was melting every mouth I took! Also, it uses lots of spices to build up the taste. Best Swedish Food!

Rating:
I would give a 5/5 for this. The seafood is FRESH!! It is as if they just got off the sea and prepared and served!

Finally.. we decided to go for DESSERT! (Which is my favourite part!)


Pancakes with Vanilla Ice-cream ($14.40++)

I had cravings for Pancakes after seeing my friend post pancakes on Instagram. So Baby decided to order this to satisfy my cravings! How sweet! XD

Anyway, this pancake is awesome! It is soft on the centre and crispy on the side. Also, the ice-cream taste awesome and it smells super vanilla-ish.

It is just one word -- SUPERB!

Rating:
I would want to give 6/5. A bit bias cuz i managed to satisfy my cravings.. HAHA! But I am being honest. It is super awesome!

Overall, I like the display in the restaurant (sadly, i didnt managed to take a photo inside the restaurant), but I definitely like it outside more than inside. I will like to give 4 out of 5 for overall. Nice place to hang out for a date and there isn't much people in the evening like this. But it is slightly pricey for a student like me to spend around $60++ for a dinner. But if you are looking for the ambiance, this is definitely worth the price. So you are looking for a candle-light dinner with your girlfriend, this place will be a great choice!


Me and Mr. Roar with the super awesome dessert!


Nicely done photos to be posted onto Instagram! MUHAHA!

Anyway, if you are looking to know where is this place, check out here @ http://www.fikacafe.com/

They have 2 branches:

The one that we went:
Millenia Walk, #01-20
9 Raffles Boulevard
Tel: 6336 7234

OR

No. 257 Beach Road / Arab Street
(on the corner of Beach Road and Arab Street)
Tel: 6396 9096



You Might Also Like

0 comments

SUBSCRIBE



Follow me on Instagram

Instagram