Dinner

Food Review: Sushi Express 争鮮回転寿司

22:19

Ms. Moo is a Sushi Lover! I love to eat lots and lots of sushi or rather Japanese food.

After movie yesterday, Mr. Roar and his buddies decided to go to Sushi Express at Westgate. I have never been to Sushi Express because there is always long queues outside. Fortunately there isn't much people outside, so we managed to get a seat for 6 pax.

I didnt managed to take photo of the menu because there is filled with people queuing already. So i had to go google.com and take photo.

SAM_5282
Taken from: http://tampines1.wordpress.com/2013/11/29/pocket-friendly-sushi-now-available-at-sushi-express/
As you can see everything here is $1.50++ per plate


The space of the restaurant is very big. But the space for everyone is very small. Everyone is almost squeezing close to each other, especially guys who are big size will have a problem.


It is very simple in the restaurant and almost everything is self serviced. E.g. you make your own tea, you take your own food, no one clear the plates until the end of the whole thing.

And even WASABI is in small satchet. I would say the quality of the wasabi is not as good as the other restaurants that I have been to.

All the food is on the belt and you just take whatever you like. 
In the end, we ate a total of 49 plates of sushi, side dish and dessert.


Thats right! 49 plates because one of them are super obsessed with the the multiple of 7 so we forced one more plate into one of their stomach.(I suppose it is because of the 7th Son)

Anyway, the bill added up to $80 plus including GST & Service Charge. Each only pay like $14.30.

Rating:
Food: 3 out of 5
Ambience: 2.5 out of 5
Service: 1 out of 5

I would say I wouldn't want to have Sushi Express in future because the variety of Sushi isn't that much and the ones on the belt is very repetitive. I had to wait for a very long time in order to get something that I would like. I wouldn't say I am a picky eater but the variety isn't that much as compare to others. The things on the menu isn't all on the belt. I didn't see Maki Sushi.

I would say that their Salmon Sashimi and Unagi is good. It is very fresh which i like it a lot. ( Fresh Sashimi is the best!)

Another reason why I wouldn't want to go back is because they charge us service charge when there isn't anyone serving us at all. All they do is just collect and count the plates when we are about to finish. I suppose that doesn't need 10% of the total bill right? I have went to other place which done lots of services but they dont take any service charge as well. Maybe Sushi Express should take that into a consideration. LOL...

Thats all...

Pls leave a comment on by the box on the side to let me know what do you think about what i reviewed.

Cheers~









You Might Also Like

0 comments

SUBSCRIBE



Follow me on Instagram

Instagram