Holiday

Travel Diary: Hong Kong Trip (Part 1)

21:49

Hello, I have been hoping to write something about travelling because I have been travelling a lot in 2014. But I never had a chance to note it down! So when I started this blog, I was thinking, maybe it would be a great place to do so, so that other travelers like me can know where to go and what to do when they are in a foreign place.

So here it goes!

Mr. Roar and I went to Hong Kong last year in July because Mr. Roar just ORD-ed and I was in Shanghai helping in my dad's office. So we decided to meet in Shenzhen and then go to Hong Kong.
Shenzhen and Hong Kong is very near to each other, it is just like Singapore and Malaysia. So going via Bus to various ports can get you to the custom. We went to Lo Wo Station (namely Luohu Station, 罗湖站).

It is definitely a LONG LONG WALK! And then we had to take the train from Lo Wo Station all the way to East Tsim Sha Tsui. Then had to transfer and blah blah to Causeway Bay (铜锣湾).. This route is suggested by Ms. Moo's mom, and yes.. it is the dumbest method to go Hong Kong ever.. =.=

So finally, we managed to head to our hotel after A LONG TRIP! Omg..


Some funny selfies while on the train to our hotel.. HAHA..

The hotel that we went is Mini Hotel Causeway Bay. They have another branch in Central (中环). We only managed to get the one in Causeway Bay because the one in Central is fully booked. This hotel is a very good recommended from TripAdvisor. And indeed..





I would say that this lobby is very cosy. It is at the Basement, but it is really very nice and cosy inside. It made you feel at home.

And so, we are checked in.. 

I think it is super nice of them to even write down the WIFI password for us. And yes, the WIFI is super good in this hotel..

I didnt take a photo of our hotel room because I was too happy to see bed and I just JUMPED on it.. So it is super untidy so hehe..

Anyway, after resting and all, we decided that we should go out and get used.. So we decided to go to the wax museum, Madame Tussauds Hong Kong.

Selfie before heading out!

And when we head out, we realise that just opposite our hotel is a car showroom with lots of good car!

 
 

And so we decided to take a train to Central Station (中环) and then we walked a bit while admiring the tall buildings. In fact Singapore and HK is pretty similar in terms of the tall buildings..


I like the reflective idea. Make it looks so much like NYC.. haha..

I pre-bought the tickets for the wax museum but not for the cable car service. So we had to wait up to 2 hours plus ( because July is a peak period, many China people will go on holiday).


There is tons lots of people queuing up, so yea.. many people are like squeezing each other and all. But Mr. Roar is protective. So its all fine.. XD


 
Only when you are on the cable car, you get to see the finest view of the HK night. It is so much like SG but definitely, the feeling is so much different. As you can see, there are many people taking photos of it.

 

 And guess what? Mr. Roar found a place whereby we can take the awesome scenery when he went to washroom. Apparently, the smokers went out for a smoke. And surprisingly, you get to see the most beautiful scenery.. HAHA!


Lets... GO!!





Finally we got in and YES, i get a photo with my dearest EDWARD! So happy..


And of course with the King and Queen of United Kingdom. Looks so real huh?


Photo with our Minister Mentor, Mr. Lee Kuan Yew.


OBAMA! But sadly, cannot go in take photo.. If not Mr. Roar can do so.. 

BUT.. he managed to take with Mr. Obama's portrait... 

OH YEA~



My expression is so epic.. HAHA..


Our epic expression with Zeng Zhi Wei (曾志伟)


Isnt our expression cool? HAHA... with Johnny Depp.


This one looks so cute right? IKR?! HAHA..

Look how short I am compare to Yao Ming.. HAHAHA..

 Me with Twins! Looks like I am singing eh?? LALALAL~

Madonna.. Blondie.. 

IRONMAN!! Did you know that Ironman is my one of my favourite Marvel Character? Smartass fella.

And we have WOLVERINE! Another favourite one.. But Mr. Roar dont want to take a good photo of me and Wolverine! @.@


HULK is in the house!


I think this setting is so cute! Looks like I am having a picnic!

I am Ms. Monkey Queen~ LOLS..

Looks at my EPIC expression.. HAHAH..



Last bit of the scenery before we head for our dinner WANTON MEE!

It is expensive and it dont taste good.. EEk..
Oh wells..

After dinner, it is so packed at the cable car, so we decided to take a small bus down the hill.. And this is the most craziest thing ever. The bus is like roller coaster while going downhill and it is definitely the most fun ever thing to do if you were to go to HK.. 

After that, Mr. Roar and I decided to take the electric bus back to our hotel.. And here it is on the way back..


Left is the interior of the bus. Yes it is the same as a normal bus, but this bus is electrical operated, unlike the rest of the bus that runs on petrol. 

It is a super ancient thing in HK and it is definitely a MUST GO FOR thing in HK. You dont even see that in China anymore! Glad that HK kept this.



Some of the really nice scenery that I manage to capture.


Final Selfie before the end of the post! Yes it is very windy night..

I hope you enjoyed my post on my trip to HK Part 1. Do stay tuned to the other parts. If you would like to know more about how to get to HK, do let me know at the comment box by the side or you can email me!

Cheers~





































You Might Also Like

0 comments

SUBSCRIBE



Follow me on Instagram

Instagram